Located on the south margin of the Paranaguá Bay, this location is characterized in a natural shelter for boats, facing to the peacefullness of the water, making it excellent in terms of safety for the ships there. It began its history in 1872, in the old mooring of Paranaguá, under private administration and, in 1917, the Government of Paraná took over its administration. Its inauguration took place on March 17, 1935 and, in July 1947, it became a State Autarchy. In 1971 the administration passed to the Port Administration of Paranaguá and Antonina (APPA).
Currently it is one of the most important Brazilian ports, with strategic location and excellent port infrastructure, moving solid and liquid bulks, containers and vehicles.
With 3.13km in length, it has 14 berths and one with dolfins, for the mooring of Ro-Ro ships, allowing the simultaneous attendance of 14 ships, accepts ships with maximum LOA of 336m at channel and maximum draft of 12.50m.
Inner berth of 174m and draft of 10,10m and external, with 184m of extension and maximum draft of 11.60m.
Internal and external berths, both with 244m of extension, internal with maximum LOA of 190m and draft of 10,00m and, external, for ships with maximum LOA of 235m and max draft of 12.30m.
FERTILIZERS PIER (Fospar's Terminal):
Internal and external berths with 236m extension each, accepts ships with LOA maximum of 235m and maximum draft of 12.30m.